Luxury one bedroom holiday cottage
Mixon View Holiday Cottage is our latest project at Lane Head Barns. Renovation is going well and we’re excited to welcome guests from August 2021 onwards. Read More and Book Now…
Mixon View Holiday Cottage
Mixon View is being developed from a 17th century traditional stone barn into a luxury one bedroom cottage overlooking traditional farmland towards the hamlet of Mixon high on the Staffordshire Moorlands. Mixon View and our large 5 bedroom holiday cottage, Morridge View, are adjacent to each other so you could book Morridge View as well to provide accommodation for 12 plus 3 infants.
Luxury one bedroom cottage in the Peak District
Mixon View will be of exceptionally high standard providing stylish accommodation for couples plus a baby. Downstairs is open plan with comfy leather sofa, dining table for romantic meals for two, smart TV, Morso wood burner and well equipped kitchen. A solid oak staircase leads past an original exposed feature stone wall to a spacious mezzanine bedroom with glazed balustrade overlooking the stairs. A large en-suite shower room with quality fittings also features original exposed stone walling. There are views across traditional Peak District farmland from the living area and bedroom. Leading off the living space is a large terrace with seating and views across traditional farmland where sheep graze.
Romantic couples hideaway
Mixon View provides the perfect romantic retreat for couples wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to spend time together in a luxury cosy cottage in a secluded location. Relax together in this rural retreat, taking time to explore all that the Peak District has to offer, returning in the evening to cuddle up by the log burner and reminisce about the day.
Suitable for small families
A travel cot, high chair and stair gate is provided so Mixon View cottage is an ideal bolthole for couples with a baby or infant.
The living space leads out to a spacious terrace that is level and fully secure if the baby is taking its first steps as a toddler. The terrace is fully furnished with open country views, and a perfect spot to eat breakfast or sit under the stars on warm nights.
One bedroom cottage sleeps 2 people or a couple and a baby
Dining for 2 plus high chair indoor and outdoor on the terrace
Perfect for outdoor activities. Secure cycle storage for bikes
Suitable for couples and young families
Indoor Morso log burner and outdoor BBQ
Quality furnishings and interior
Bedroom & Bathroom
The spacious mezzanine bedroom has oak king size bed, quality soft furnishings, and a large en-suite shower room with high quality fittings including twin wash basins. Open the curtains in the morning to views across a traditional rural landscape.
Open plan living area with comfy leather sofa, armchair, small dining table, 43” smart TV and Morso wood burner which will be ready to light on arrival. Feature original exposed stone wall and solid oak staircase.
In a nutshell
- Accommodates up to 2 adults and 1 infant
- Car park in the courtyard
- Secure storage for bikes in a lockable garage
- Exposed original stone walling on wall next to staircase – visible from downstairs and bedroom
- Patio door leading to terrace with views across rural landscape
- Open plan living area with leather sofa, small dining table/chairs, armchair, wall mounted smart TV
- Log burner in corner on stone hearth
- High quality kitchen with hob, oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer
- Solid oak staircase leading out of open plan living area to large mezzanine bedroom with glass balustrade overlooking stairs
- Kingsize bed, comfy chair, wardrobe
- Bedroom with rural views
- Large ensuite with shower, WC, and twin wash basins
- Fully electric heating throughout
- Due to the nature of our holiday properties and the open fields with livestock, we do not accept dogs
FOR LARGE GROUPS OF UP TO 12 ADULTS AND 3 INFANTS
We have two cottages at Lane head Barns. Morridge View (sleeps 10 + 2 infants) and Mixon View (sleeps 2 + 1 infant). Book both cottages for your group of 12 and enjoy exclusivity of Lane Head Barns.